Friday 24 February 2012

Fashion and all it's dramas !!!!

Wen you are a 23 year old ..There are a few things that make ur heart melt n that just exist as ur being..  It's like a part of ur universe.. and are as important as any other thing such as school and career .  Fashion is now a days as big a statement as ur personality or charm..  Forget rich brats from rich families that can afford anything.. But yesterday I saw my mechanic wearing an Ed hardy tee-shirt with snazzy red sneakers n a leather belt with some kind of metallic embellishments.. Um sure the shirt was a cheap knock off.. N the belt not patent leather.. But still fr him it's his fashion statement !! N trust me it did not look as bad as I described it!! :) So wat is it about this industry that everybody from my mechanic to my PHD professors at college are so into??!!  Wen I see a close friend of mine spending 4-5 lac Indian rupees (omg) on a handbag.. I am forced to think how many countries I cud have travelled with that money.. Or how many hungry children starving to death cud have been fed with it..  How beautiful does a cow or a crocodile or any animal fr that matter have to be.. So that it's killed n the leather made out of its skin is sold at this cost ??!! N then why do u pretend to be a big religious Hindu wen ur carrying a cow butchered n turned into an expensive bag that displays u as a higher member of ur clan , on ur shoulder !! I am a girl so I love bags n shoes n wat not as well.. It's in my DNA n I cannot fight my girl instincts.. U see!!  But yes I am forced to think wat this facade is all about ,at times.. The whole concept of fashion n looking good has become so commercialized now.. That giving it a second thought like I am is sheer silly.. U go out to shop cuz u want to look good at the next party u attend.. But there is nothing available in ur size .. N whatever is available in ur size is just ridiculous with huge funny looking frills n wierd prints and designs..  So if ur over weight cuz ur plain pregnant or menopausal .. Retail therapy is not much therapy but a road down guiltville n feeling bad for urself!!  But yes fashion has its pros:  Fashion has forced people to live healthier lifestyles.. So that they can be fit n keep their looks in shape..  Everybody looks good n who doesn't want to live in a world wer everybody dresses up amazing before stepping out..  Whether we accept it or not but we have all made fashion a biggg part of our lives.. Whether it is by wearing knock offs or originals we are all doing our bits to keep up to date with this concept that has entered our country only over the last decade or so..  What I feel personally is that we should not let fashion command us.. It's not a MENACE n it's not SINFUL!! Instead we should command fashion..  Dun change ur bodies or yourselves to fit the fashion.. But choose the fashion to fit u.. !!  Confidence n self esteem are the biggest fashion statements ..  So even if u can't afford or simply dont want to buy a very expensive bag or  Pair of shoes.. Wear the ones u have with a big smile n confidence n u wud shine( but please dun wear the ones with those funny duplicate diamonds n the ones with the cheap metallic straps; then even god can't help u!!! )  Another thing that beats fashion by miles n miles n miles is TRAVELLING !! Trust me travel is not over rated!!  Wen u travel across different countries cultures etc things like fashion n keeping up with everybody never strike ur mind.. Wen u interact with so many ppl that are different to u n ur likes.. U realize that the world is alot bigger than ur group of friends back home that dwell n swear by who's wearing what n flaunting wat not.. !! I am 23, n I am "sometimes"( in brackets I write sometimes) more interested in TRAVELLING n seeing the world than by the in's n out's mentioned in cosmo n vogue !!  AM I A TWENTIES CRIMINAL ???!! God I hope not !! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment